STUDIO MEMBERSHIP (Adult Programs).
If a program is marked as a studio membership program, returning students may be eligible for a reduced course fee. Typically those programs which fall under ‘membership’ are there to encourage students to continue studies in scene work and strengthen their understanding and application of essential techniques.
Here are the programs that qualify for a reduced course fee.
They DO NOT apply to special events or one day/ weekend workshops
(1) ESSENTIAL TECHNIQUES. It is not unusual for a student completing this program for the first time to realize they need to strengthen their grasp on the subject matter covered by this course. Initially this program introduces the student to ‘the tools’ a working actor will use both for stage and screen.And it often benefits that student having been introduced to those ‘tools’ to repeat the program. A person returning to this program a second time is eligible for a 25% discount.
(2) CONTINUING STUDIES. As the name suggests once the student has acquired the recognition of the tools they should be using, programs under this heading are usually focused on scene study, script investigation and the application of the essential techniques. It is recommended that a student takes these classes as often as their time and budget allows. In an effort to encourage that, the studio membership fee reflects an increased discount. (See Discount Table below).
(3) THE MEISNER PROGRAMS. For those that have worked with the Meisner Approach it is easy understand why the student needs to return to these workout programs. It is widely recognised as the most effective way to establish the confidence to get ‘off the page’ and ‘work in the moment’.
It also provides the framework for the ability to improvise.
(4) AUDITIONING TECHNIQUES. For those of you presently treading the career path or preparing to do so. developing your auditioning skills and knowledge of how the business and industry works is a ‘must’. How you have prepared yourself when you walk into a room for a possible job opportunity speaks volumes to the auditors about your potential as a working actor. And like anything else you want to succeed at, you need to keep in shape and exercise on a regular basis.
(5) MULTIPLE PROGRAM DISCOUNT. If a student is taking more than program at the same time during the same term (3 month period), there is a 10% discount on the second program. Also, a returning student to one program who is taking a second program (for the first time) a 10% discount would apply on that second program.
TABLE OF DISCOUNT
Student taking a program for the second time. $50 discount (1)*
Student returning to a program taken twice before. 25% discount (2)*
Student returning to Meisner programs 15% discount.
Student returning to Auditioning Programs. 15% discount.
(1) Applies to ESSENTIAL TECHNIQUES & CONTINUING STUDIES programs only.
(2) * Establishes student membership and a fixed price for any future enrolment in these programs.
For more information on eligibility and discount rates for studio membership, please contact studio by phone (250)595-1339 or email: email@example.com